Come join us from 8:00am – 5:00pm January 25th, 2020 for the 2nd annual Winter Swolestice Crossfit Team Competition hosted by Crossfit Commence in Fayetteville, AR.
Expect the same level of excitement as teams compete for the top of the podium in one of Fayetteville’s best Crossfit competitions.
3-person teams again, but we’re mixing it up a bit this year: the teams may consist of any 3 individuals you’d like. That means, you could do F/F/F, M/M/M, F/M/M, or F/F/M.
Scoring will be similar to last year with only 1 division. The points acquired will be based off the level of difficulty chosen within each WOD. The harder the movement or the heavier the weight…the more points you get per rep. Most of the WODs will be released shortly with the points associated with each movement, so you’ll have time to figure-out your teams best approach.
We’re in the same 9,000 sqft facility with the athlete warm-up area located inside and away from the cold while you’re preparing for your event.
Registration opens 11/28/19 and closes 12/31/19.
We are proud to offer an event that brings the NWA CrossFit Community together and we look forward to seeing another mind-blowing display of fitness!
Event Date: January 25, 2020
Location: Crossfit Commence, Fayetteville, AR
Reg Opens: 11/28/2019 @ 12:00 AM
Reg Ends: 1/1/2020 @ 12:00 AM
Team Size: 3 person (your choice on make-up)
Team Divisions: 1
Check-in: Starting at 6:30 AM, first WOD at 8:00 AM
Start-Time: 8:00 AM
End-Time: 5:00 PM
Teammate 1 starts the workout on the Air Assault Bike completing the appropriate calories. They will then move on to the BBJO’s. Once the 5 BBJO’s are completed Teammate 1 will complete (7) Sandbag Squats at the appropriate weight. They will then complete (5) more BBJO’s and tag-in the next Teammate to complete a round in the same manner.
The team will work through the WOD, one teammate at a time, for the duration of 12 mins completing as many Rounds/Reps as possible.
Each Teammate must complete a full round before the next Teammate is allowed to start working.
- Each athlete will run through the Clean Ladder.
- Each athlete will have 30 seconds to perform as many lifts as possible followed by a 30 second transition to the next platform.
- Each lift will add points to the overall total for each athlete/team.
- A successful lift must be made at a weight in order to move to the next weight.
8 MINUTE CLOCK:
- 150ft Handstand Walk
- 180 Drag Rope Double-Unders
- 90 Toes-to-Bar
- MAX Sandbag Cleans (150/100)
Scaled: Burpee Broad Jumps / 360 Drag Rope Single-unders / Knees-to-chest / Sandbag = 100/70
– At the start of the clock athletes will take turns completing the 150′ Handstand walk as quickly as possible. There will be 5-ft segments marked and there are no restrictions on which athlete may or may not do the HSW.
– The team will then move on to the Drag Rope Double-unders. The team can divided the repetitions up to their choosing.
– Toes-to-bar are then completed following the Drag Rope. Again, the repetitions may be divided amongst the team however they would like.
– Following the completion of the Toes-to-Bar repetitions, the team will utilize the remaining time to complete AS MANY REPS AS POSSIBLE of the Sandbag Cleans
HSW: 5 points per 5-ft section
Burpee Broad Jump: 2 points per 5-ft section
Drag Rope Double-Unders: 3 points per DU
Drag Rope Single-Unders: 1 point per SU
Toes-to-Bar: 3 points each
Knees-to-Chest: 1 point each
RX Sandbag Cleans: 10 points each
Scaled Sandbag Cleans: 5 points each
Minutes 0:00 – 2:00 = Max Pull-ups
Minutes 2:00 – 4:00 = Max Chest-to-Bar
Minutes 4:00 – 6:00 = Max Bar Muscle-ups
Minutes 6:00 – 9:00 = Max Devils Press (50’s/35’s)
Scaled: Push-ups then Pull-ups then Burpee-Pull-ups, DP = 35’s/20’s
– 1 Athlete works at a time
– Team can alternate athletes at any time
– Entire team must do either RX or Scaled
Push-up = 1 point
Pull-up = 2 points
Burpee Pull-up = 3 points
Chest-to-bar = 3 points
Bar Muscle-up = 5 points
Devils Press = 6 points (4 points for Scaled)
where is it?
Crossfit Commence 1766 N College Ave
Our box is located in the middle of Fayetteville and unfortunately, parking can get challenging. Although we can’t guarantee parking, the best place to park will be Evelyn Hills Shopping Center (1320 N College Ave, Fayetteville, AR 72703) which is less than 2/10 of a mile away. This is a massive shopping center and has a lot of parking. Another possibility for parking could be the old, vacant gypsy building (1930 N College Ave Fayetteville, AR 72703) just north of our location.